How not to break the bank. Top tips on budgeting.
Many different concerns need to be considered when you begin to look at self-build projects. Setting your budget early on and sticking to it is easier said than done. If you have a self-build project in mind, we can help you manage the turnkey project, from land acquisition and planning permission, through to design and construction.
Bespoke homes to meet your requirements
One of the attractions of employing CB Homes to manage your project is that we offer a free, no obligation design meeting as part of our design consultation. This can begin the creative process towards making your home a real project. You’ll have the option to design your self-build to your own specific concept, working with our design team, or choose from one of our signature designs. If you have a specific budget in mind, we can tailor the design to your vision, to make the most out of your investment. Your personalised plans will be prepared with a fixed-fee quote.
Managing the planning process
Gaining planning permission is one of the key hurdles in self-build developments. You know what your dream home would look like, but does the local planning authority agree? Is it in keeping with the surrounding area, or does it adhere to any conservation area stipulations or limitations on size and style? Again, your allotted budget is a vital part of this process. As part of your bespoke self-build package with us, all planning submission documentation is prepared and submitted by CB Homes. We’ll also manage your application, and any appeals or modifications this entails, through to the planning authority’s final decision. We are proud of our planning credentials and have built long-standing and reliable relationships with local authorities in the region.
In case of emergency
Keep an eye on your budget at every stage of the planning, design and building of your project. Making the most of your available budget will ensure that you won’t overspend later. However, it’s also worth having contingency funds, in case of delays or unseen challenges which arise, outside the parameters of good planning. CB Homes can help you budget realistically and make sure that every penny can be seen in the ‘final product’ design of your project.
If you would like to discuss what sort of budget would make your turnkey project a success, then email or calls us today or visit our website and try out our cost calculator.Back
- 22nd July 2019Your best laid plans for a new-build
- 9th July 2019Starting from the ground up
- 10th June 2019What makes the perfect plot for self-build?
- 6th June 2019Architecturally, how much have things changed?
- 28th May 2019Luxury lakeside development achieves regional industry award
- 1st May 2019VAT Exemptions for Self-Building vs. Converting
- 18th April 2019Expert Boiler Care Tips for New Homeowners from AllEnglandGas
- 10th April 2019How to Finance a Self-Build Project: Different Methods Available
- 18th March 2019The Interior Design Trends of Spring/Summer 2019
- 26th February 2019Why We Love Tarporley: Places to Eat, Drink & Shop