Luxury lakeside development achieves regional industry award
We’re pleased to have won the Local Authority Building Control (LABC) award for ‘Best Small Development in the Northwest’. Our Mill Pool residential development in Rushton, Cheshire, has scooped the award. Consequently, it will now be pitted against winners from around the UK at the Grand Final in London in November.
Exclusive self-build projects
Based in Cheshire, we’re an award-winning business, designing and building some of the most prestigious properties in the county. Established in 1981, our unique approach to design and construction has seen us successfully create exclusive self-build projects. Likewise, we have built distinctive developments and exclusive barn conversions. For instance, the Mill Pool is a superb example of our design capabilities.
The project was a redevelopment within the footprint of the former Mill Pool Restaurant site. The dilapidated building was demolished before construction started. Situated in Rushton, Cheshire East, the new luxury development comprises two five-bedroomed homes with a beautiful lakeside outlook. The adjacent properties, Mallards and Grebe, have been designed with elegance and space in mind. Similarly, they incorporate such luxuries as underfloor heating and unrivalled waterside views. However, visually the design is very much in keeping with the Cheshire locale, through its use of brick and slate. Moreover, the development is ideally positioned for the nearby village of Tarporley, with its range of shops and services. The properties offer the peacefulness of country living with the convenience of village amenities.
The LABC Building Excellence Awards showcase builders and designers who demonstrate construction excellence, while overcoming construction challenges and complex technical issues. The awards highlight innovative and creative solutions that create safe, sustainable and high-quality construction projects. The Mill Pool project now needs to impress the judges at the national LABC Building Excellence Awards 2019. This event takes place at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in London on Friday 8 November.
The awards recognise designers’ and companies’ creativity, and the team at CB Homes is gratified to be recognised for its project at The Mill Pool. Moreover, the award is one among many accolades we have achieved over the years, including a LABC Building Excellence Award in 2012 for ‘Best Small Housing Development’, in addition to several awards from leading industry body the Federation of Master Builders.
If you have ambitions to build your own home, or want to explore the options when it comes to conversion or renovation, please contact us on 01829 730244 or email us via our website.Back
- 10th June 2019What makes the perfect plot for self-build?
- 6th June 2019Architecturally, how much have things changed?
- 1st May 2019VAT Exemptions for Self-Building vs. Converting
- 18th April 2019Expert Boiler Care Tips for New Homeowners from AllEnglandGas
- 10th April 2019How to Finance a Self-Build Project: Different Methods Available
- 18th March 2019The Interior Design Trends of Spring/Summer 2019
- 26th February 2019Why We Love Tarporley: Places to Eat, Drink & Shop
- 11th February 2019Introducing Sawyers Meadow: Our New Bunbury Development
- 30th January 2019Planning Your Self-Build in the New Year
- 11th December 2018The Property Sales Process: What Will Happen If You Sell in the New Year