The CB Homes Christmas Gift Guide for Homeware & Interiors
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Until you realise you’ve got to fork out for friends and family so they’ve got something to open. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. If you have a homeware and interior lover in your life (and let’s be real, everyone needs home stuff) then this list might just help you out. We’ve put together a collection of resources and ideas to help you get your shopping head on. This is the CB Homes Christmas gift guide to all things home-related. It is our area of expertise, after all.
What should you buy for your loved ones this Christmas?
Whether they’re a first-time homeowner, a student renting a flat, or own a four-bedroom family home, everything can benefit from some new home accessories or interior-related items. From cosy furnishings to on-trend tableware, there’s a whole world of gifts out there just waiting to be discovered. And the great thing about these types of presents? They’re stylish, up-to-date, practical and suitable for a wide range of people. Here are just a few of our ideas. Notepad at the ready!
1. Soft furnishings
We’re talking cushions, throws, rugs – everyone loves them. And you don’t have to go ultra-girly and ultra-fluffy either; there are some really great sleek options for the sophisticated gentleman in your life. From patterned pillows to heated blankets to on-trend rugs, there’s no better time than Christmas to stock up on soft furnishings for your loved ones. And if someone’s just moved house, they might really appreciate a set of matching towels. It’s the little things! We particularly like these and they could even go well together:
2. Tableware & mugs
Again, everyone needs tableware and mugs. If there’s someone in your life who loves to host and is guaranteed to entertain on New Year’s Eve, they could be overjoyed with extra tableware and mugs. Likewise, a first-time homeowner will really appreciate these things. Buying for a couple? How about matching mugs? Failing that, a brand new cutlery set is something we’d rarely buy for ourselves but it’s massively appreciated as a gift. And when it comes to tableware, you really can splash out or keep within a tight budget. We’ve picked out a few of our favourites:
3. Candles & room fragrance
We all love candles! Even those of us who think we don’t. The alluring thing about buying a candle as a Christmas gift is that there are so many scents to chose from – musky, woody, fruity, floral, masculine. Any man or woman you know will appreciate a candle if it’s chosen carefully and individually. As for room fragrance, it’s something we often forget about but we’ll always like. Why not try a chef’s candle for the budding home cook in your life? These are our recommendations for really spoiling someone:
4. Something for the drinks cupboard!
If you really are struggling to think of a suitable Christmas gift, look no further than a bottle (or two) of finest spirit, wine or beer. These are perfect for anyone who’s just moved home to stock up their drinks cupboard. And if you know someone who’s into their cocktail making or building up a home bar, you’ll be their new best friend. Whether they’re a gin lover, a budding beer drinker or a wine connoisseur, you can’t go wrong with an alcoholic pressie! Here are a few ideas:
Still stuck for ideas?
If you’re still umming and ahhing about what to buy your relative, friend or colleague this year, we’ve got a few extra ideas just to get those cogs turning. Don’t forget, you know your loved one better than anyone else. So, as long as you keep it personal or practical – you’re guaranteed to put a smile on their face! How about these ideas?
- Something smart-technology related for the gadget geek in your life, for example, a heating hub, a voice assistant, smart wifi plug or smartphone-activated tracker.
- A foodie hamper of sundries and snacks for someone who’s just moved home had a baby or simply doesn’t treat themselves enough!
- Artwork or wall hanging for the decor nerd you know – doesn’t have to be expensive either, try something personalised to them or something on-trend at the moment.
- A houseplant is always a winner for someone who’s houseproud; just make sure they know how to care for it
- If you’re splashing out, a record player or hi-fi system would be perfect for a music lover. If they’ve already got a turntable, how about some records they’d love?
We hope this blog post has been somewhat helpful for your Christmas gift shopping this year. For regular updates, handy articles and photograph insights, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
- 22nd July 2019Your best laid plans for a new-build
- 9th July 2019Starting from the ground up
- 24th June 2019How not to break the bank. Top tips on budgeting.
- 10th June 2019What makes the perfect plot for self-build?
- 6th June 2019Architecturally, how much have things changed?
- 28th May 2019Luxury lakeside development achieves regional industry award
- 1st May 2019VAT Exemptions for Self-Building vs. Converting
- 18th April 2019Expert Boiler Care Tips for New Homeowners from AllEnglandGas
- 10th April 2019How to Finance a Self-Build Project: Different Methods Available
- 18th March 2019The Interior Design Trends of Spring/Summer 2019